Labels

Tuesday 18 November 2014

I Promised I'd Sing This Song...

So I ran to the office and asked Julius to Google and find me a recording studio, 'I must sing today!' I said… and he did! And we called and I wanted to go right away but their programmer was not in...Drat!
So we booked for the next day, '...be here by 10am!' she said. I was there at 10am and the programmer was still in....Pipeline!!!!

I really wanted to do this so I agreed to come back at 1pm. (no, I hardly got any work done that day...) but it was great.
On the way there, I found a little kitty on the street that I could not leave behind because some mean car would have run over it and I would not have got over that! Took it along with me to the studio (yeah...guys kept looking at me strangely but ...ah well)




The kitty kept sleeping and sneezing. So between the recording and searching for a vet in the CBD (don't bother, there aren't any in town) I finally found an agrovet and sent Julius there with Kitty to see if she/he could be treated. They said it had cat flu (and I did not think it wise to take that to Siji) so Julius got rid of it...woi! He swore that he did not leave it under a bush to die alone but somewhere safe...I did not want to hear any more!

So I donned the head phones and stepped up to the mic and did a few runs as the programmer programmed (he had long nails...) the music on the keyboard and we were on!




Oh my gosh! I've always wanted to sing! 
Yes!

Then they made me sing in at a higher tone...alto (I believe can't quite remember from my choir singing days) and they tried to make me sing in tenor (honestly!) but had to get the programmer to do that bit for me and the result is this.

For Nzalu. 
You know I love that song! 
Love you Bro!

Then I got the MP3 and have just uploaded it on

https://soundcloud.com/zaajabu-pieces/bwana-u-sehemu-yangu


Oh, pictures...evidence that it is me...and the Kitty. lol!