Labels

Thursday 17 July 2014

...My Hot Blue, Reasonably High, Patent Leather Heels

Having walked all the way from Upperhill, all I wanted to do was kick of my heels and take a large much of HLG, my throat had been acting up all day and the undecided weather did not help...nor did the dust along the way.


I was wearing my hot black jeggings (need another pair asap) and blue top, bright pink sweater and ever since I decided I was going to be nicely dressed all the time (that was the day before when this client walked into my office and I felt...ummmm, what's that word...drab...)  H were the perfect match...only, I did not intend to walk that far in them. I had carried a pair of flats but I left them in the office when I went to see a client and totally intended to get a ride back into town...but ah well, I am here now, shoes kicked as far away from my feet as the space under the table will allow.



Urban Grind.
It's cool...I could shiver if I put some thought into it...and there is no escalator down...the restaurant is in the basement (and my feet hurt!) I smile as I read the "Lipa na Mpesa" sign on the door. I have not a cent on me...or can I get away with sitting at the corner, writing this, and not having anything to drink or eat...I wonder?

The setting is good, coffee colours all around and not too brightly lit. There's a sense of space once everyone is seated in the low coaches set along the walls and at the centre island marked by two huge pillars..but it's chilly...I ask and they tell me that there is an exit round back and I am seated in the line of that draught of cold air.

In the two minutes I have spent talking to the waitress, I would advise the establishment to keep her. She smiles. She is quick and very helpful. I like her. She leans in as she takes my order, looking directly at me and listening attentively. I watch her give the same treatment to another customer... She even enquires if I am here for the 'Coffee Talk'...hmmmm...so they do do something more than just feed people....hmmmm.
She shows me where to plug in my computer so I can pen this piece about her...(she has no idea though...) and graciously spells out their Wi-Fi password...

Let me get her name for you. You must ask for her when you get here.