Labels

Monday 3 March 2014

I’m jealous of Lupita…

I can’t stand the way the world is grovelling at her feet,
as she smiles and poses
In amazing swathes of brightly coloured fabric
Stitched into awe inspiring silhouettes
In the moody light of the famous fashion photographers’ studios


I can’t stand her accent
That is no longer familiar,
As she does interview after interview,
Talking about her role, her grasp, her expression,
…her potential Oscar!

That would be too much, Me thinks.
If such an amateur, (in the whispering eyes of the Stars),
Should hold up that Oscar,
On the very first try.
It would be about the colour
And the fact that she is woman….
It would be politically correct….
Believe me when I tell you.

I'm jealous of Lupita...
Of her hard work, good fortune and loaded parents.
It’s about what you get exposed to, and the privilege of deep pockets…

I can’t stand Lupita!
She reminds me every time I see her picture, her dress, her interview
That I have wasted far too much time
Following not my heart
But selling my soul
To the devil of that regular measly paycheck!