Labels

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Freezing for the late train!

We were seated like regular patrons of the ancient restaurant.

Neglected and leaking from the lighting fixtures
Neglected, I must add, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be shocked at the stream of water pouring from the light fixture (yes, the electricity, the water....) on the far ceiling of the restaurant nor would I have been aghast at the sight of a rat scurrying across the stained and rugged old, grey, cement floor that had counted endless footsteps in and out of the small, old, cob-webby room; a room whose door had a shiny, round, brass knob that I'd have loved to have as a souvenir. A room that had the smell of freshly baked cake! 


There were two wooden-framed, glass cabinets filled with cake! I had gone there to change from my rain-soaked top into my less rain-soaked bright pink sweater; only the sleeves were soaked and I would rather that, than my chest get chilly from my wet top...and I wondered where to hide the piece I was thinking of picking since the man at the door said that they were not being sold when I asked him if I could buy one.
When the lady at the door told me it would cost Ksh140, I knew she was playing me....but the aroma! The aroma did me in!

Plus I ain't gonna get caught dripping wet and 'lifting' cake!

The train is late again and it's raining so outside!


Raining outside the Railway station
Freezing in my wet sleeved bright pink sweater
Guess I'll have to get me a cuppa something hot if the waiters would be so kind as to show up!

They should be making booming sales now if they were present to the opportunity that has just landed on their tables!

So where's that 'Mbrarry' train again...?!